Sunday 10 May 2015

#Sharing The Load

A son is a mothers pride. He is burdened right from the day he is born, to carry the weight of the surname, the reputation his father built or the success his father couldn't. In either case he is the one everyone's eyes are on. Its a proud moment when he does well for himself in his career but when he becomes a fine gentleman, a human being; a mother is more proud of her creation as that is what speaks for her upbringing. I am happy I raised a fine human being in my son, but the day I realized it was the best one of my life.

I had been feeling unwell for a week now. My son was coming back from the hostel after six months and I was spending all my time in getting his favourite things in place, ingredients for everything that was to be fed to him, setting up the wireless for he cant live without the Internet, cleaning his room etc. It had consumed me and just after the day he landed fatigue caught me. It was his first break after he had left home for the first time in the hostel, but like every mother I was fretting if he was getting well nourished for he had just lost much weight because of terrible food and bad hygiene standards there. I felt terrible the evening I couldn't get up from bed when I fell ill. He just told me to sleep and gave me medication. What he did next surprised me. With a little help from the aunt next door he managed to find, rice and lentil and made me worlds best khichdi ever as I wasn't able to eat much. He also made soup. 

Not just that when his father returned he ensured he was fed well, washed all the utensils, cleaned up the kitchen and everything was perfectly in place the next morning. I took ill for about four days in which he cleaned, cooked , did the laundry and everything. I never felt I wasn't the one running the house. His father was surprised too and helped him. I never knew my son was so capable, that he could manage a family and not just himself. When I told him I was proud, he just said my sister would have done so and I am no different, when we care we share everything.

For the entire break-time then he would spend more time with me helping me side by side and that is the time that we work together for our home is what we look forward to, each time. Now I don't worry about him that much. 

 “I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment