Sunday 10 May 2015

#ShareTheLoad With Love

The era in which we were born and brought up didn't have equality as a basic right for women. Women were left to the kitchen and had to ensure the needs of the family are met. Families, big and small; with lesser or many women was the women's problem. The men like bosses in a corporate office would only see if they got what they wanted, their comfort. Things have recently changed however. Not just the fact that women can speak what they want, men are now being very considerate and the couples now-a-days help each other with everything. Life is always better that ways.

My husband was brought up in a family where women were to do all the chores. I accepted the norm in his family as mine was similar. My daughter however had different thoughts. She was bold about expressing her opinion and as the time changed, she not only grew up to be responsible but trained my son (her younger sibling) to be completely independent. She could of course manage things more than he cool, be it food, cleaning or laundry but he could manage breakfast. When they left home for their careers no wonder they adjusted very easily to the surroundings. I always wanted to go and visit them but my husband being a doctor believed in serving more. He wouldn't take an off and he was dependent on me. He couldn't even make his own tea and so I couldn't go anywhere, not even to visit my children. Even for events, parties and weddings I had to ensure all his things are set and then I would go. I had to return back by night. My daughter was once visiting us and she me tired returning from a wedding and my husband said "I am craving for tea", I instantly got up to make it. Being someone who would never think of failures, she just told her dad "Let me teach you how can you make your tea, yourself". Fathers listen to daughters and she rarely came home, so he went thinking of it as time being spent with her. She however had other goals. She made her father learn to make tea in the next three days. 

It was the time when I could really get a break when I came from work as my husband would now not demand for tea. I could lie down, read , do whatever I wish to as compared to earlier when I had to do other duty, that of a provider. She also taught him basic cooking like instant foods and so now I can go anywhere I want and I am not complaining when I am back for my husband takes care of everything. I am happy though late even our generation has learnt to share life and the load. 

 “I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment