Thursday 16 October 2014

Gadget Review : Samsung Galaxy Ace

I believe firmly that a true review of a gadget is not the one that you do when it comes out but minimum six months post its use, because that is how the sturdiness of the gadget is tested, also whether it stands true to the test of times is known only then. 


                                  Samsung Galaxy Ace Black

I bought this device exactly three years ago in 2011 and it was the first smartphone I bought. It was also the first buy from my PhD stipend and hence a very crucial choice as to how to spend each hard earned penny. This phone was the best suited to my budget then, its price was 14,000 INR. The camera as all Samsung camera's were amazing. The only problem had been low internal memory 2GB only so even with an 8GB microSD storage to which I had upgraded later with my active whats app, gmail running I had no space for twitter and facebook and with each update for an app I had to delete something. However this was a common problem with all the phones than so no complains. Its touch was excellent.

However all was well only until one day I forgot it near the basin and water entered it. I spend INR 4500 to get it repaired from samsung service centre at Bhikaji Cama Place in New Delhi and they did a good job for the exhorbitant amount they charged but alas the camera was gone. It had become grainy and lost resolution, to which they responded they couldn't do anything. Further more post an year of use the touch screen became less sensitive and the phone hanged every minute, even when you received the most important calls. Therefore the only suggestion to the buyers of this phone and the Samsung Galaxy S and Duos series is to get a review from someone who is using the gadget for more than six months. I still feel if you are a camera lover Samsung can give you the best pictures. So research before you buy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment